All multi-page printed products require sheet bonding. First Model Typography offers a wide variety of options and techniques. One of the more popular options is spring binding. It is used to combine documents, theses, manuals, presentations, monographs, calendars, notebooks and many other types of printing.
The advantages of spring binding of documents are:
- Comfortable use of the product, the sheets do not fall out of it, do not get lost, do not get confused.
- Spring-bound documents look more solid and presentable, which is important for the image and reputation of the company and brand.
- Individually tailored stitching adds a touch of exclusivity to the printing industry and sets it apart from all other products.
- Thanks to the variety of binding options, you can choose a method for each product – with the ability to add new sheets, replace outdated information with current information, create special separating tabs.
The final cost of stitching depends on many factors. We propose to understand this issue in more detail and choose the most optimal option for yourself.
Binding springs: which ones to choose?
One of the most important factors responsible for both the appearance of the product and its reliability are springs. They are made from different materials, have different shapes, colors, diameters, coatings and other parameters.
The easiest way here is to decide on a color scheme. The main thing is that the shade is in harmony with the cover and looks presentable, corresponding to the event and the product. For the binding of documents, the price depends on all other parameters. First of all, it is worth considering the material for making the springs. They are metal and plastic, have their own advantages and disadvantages, which significantly affect the possibilities of interwoven printing.
Metal springs are used to give documents a solid look. This is an image attribute, which, in addition to presentability, also has high reliability and durability.
The fastened product can be opened 360 degrees, which is very convenient for presentation materials, diplomas, catalogs, notebooks. This is another important advantage of metal spring binding.
As for restrictions, you cannot remove or add sheets to such a binding. There is only an option for a neat separation when it comes to a notebook, a calendar. Despite the existence of springs of different diameters, the maximum number of bonded sheets cannot exceed 100-130 units. In the color palette of the bonding material, as a rule, restrained fashion tones prevail – white, black, gold and silver.
Binding to the plastic spring is preferred by most of First Model Printing House customers. This method has gained popularity due to its democratic cost and many other advantages:
- Combining very voluminous documents up to 500 sheets. The elastic plastic allows you to staple both thin brochures and multi-page monographs. Due to the presence of locks, the fastening is reliable and will not open accidentally at the most inopportune moment.
- Reusable. Documents on such springs can be stitched and embroidered an infinite number of times. They will retain their appearance even after repeated use.
- Adding and removing sheets. If you need to supplement a document or extract irrelevant information from it, plastic spring binding allows you to do this quickly and easily, without resorting to full rebinding, as is the case with metal elements.
- High rates of flexibility, elasticity. A document bound with plastic can be bent, twisted, crumpled – the spring quickly restores its original shape. It is difficult to tear and damage it, but it is still worth handling the product carefully, in which case it will last much longer and retain its aesthetic appeal.
- Wide color palette. Plate springs are not limited in colors, which allows you to create truly exclusive products. You can choose the color of the springs to match the corporate tones, play with the contrasting design or choose the full match of the colors.
- Affordable cost. For binding on a plastic spring, the price is lower than for metal. This is due to both the more affordable consumables and the bookbinder.
The springs are round, oval, triangular, square, smooth or corrugated in shape. The most convenient elements are those that do not have corners. They allow printed matter to unfold 360 degrees without the risk of tearing. The more complex the shape of the springs, the smaller the swing angle. Springs with smooth long edges are best used if there is a need to stack documents on top of each other – with round springs they will roll and create unnecessary mess. Therefore, in offices, the binding of a sheet with a metal spring is less and less often used – it often has a round shape.
How to order spring binding from First Model Press?
By contacting First Exemplary Printing House, you will receive high-quality binding in the shortest possible time. The choice of the type of binding is always yours, we can only advise and advise on all emerging issues.
The brochure service is available as a stand-alone option or in combination with the creation of printed or advertising materials. You can order turnkey printing – it will be cheaper and faster, since all the work will be performed by the same company. Separately, stitching on a plastic spring is the price of a high-quality and durable binding, with which the printed product will acquire a solid and pleasant appearance.
We work with customers in Kharkov, and there is also the possibility of cooperation with customers throughout Ukraine.