If you make a number of identical holes in any sheet material, it will be much easier to bend or break it exactly along the conditional line that passes through the center of the holes obtained. In the printing industry, this “trick” is called perforation and is used in the practice of post-printing in a variety of printed products.
Perforation holes can be oval, round, square, dotted, rectangular, or other non-standard shapes. They project horizontally, vertically, along the perimeter at an equidistant distance. With the help of perforation in the printing industry, you can perform most of the tasks of printed products that require quick and convenient separation of a sheet or part of it.
At the First Exemplary Printing House, this technique is carried out using special equipment that ensures the high quality and beautiful appearance of the perforated sheets. Perforation of advertising products is inexpensive, especially in the framework of complex work.
What is the purpose of punching sheets
This post-printing service provides:
- Aesthetics. High-quality perforation will never spoil the appearance of even the most elegant product. She always looks impressive and stylish.
- Convenient tear line. In the printing industry, which requires the tearing off of two or more parts, even after their separation, a straight line remains. The paper will not tear in the wrong place, damage the paper, or delete important information.
- Protection for sheet media. Documents of strict reporting, among other things, are protected by such type of perforation as microperforation. This distinguishes them from fakes.
As an option for post-printing, perforation can be done through or to the substrate. It acts as an excellent alternative to creasing for thick cardboard, coated paper. In the case of perforated holes, the product will bend easily and beautifully, and not rudely break.
The range of using the service is very wide. It is relevant wherever there is a need to fold or tear sheets of paper. Namely:
- tear-off coupons;
This is not a whole list of perforated printing, but even it is enough to understand how wide the range of use of perforation on paper is. The holes can also serve as the basis for further stitching with springs or other fastening materials. And the pieces of paper remaining after punching the printed sheets can be used as confetti. So, we can say that punching is a waste-free production.
Some people think that it is not necessary to pay for the service, and you can solve the issue yourself at home. However, household punchers are not able to cope with all punching tasks. To guarantee a high-quality result, we recommend ordering perforated printing from First Exemplary Printing House.
Our printing house uses state-of-the-art equipment with wide functionality. The machines are equipped with several interchangeable elements allowing for a wide variety of perforations. Among them:
- Microperforation. It is used as one of the security elements for important documents. It is applied with a special laser or linear knives in a specific sequence. The result is a line image, letters, numbers, inscriptions and other drawings visible to the light.
- Shock-branded. Such perforation of paper is the cost of making high-quality stamp sheets, as well as coupons, tickets, tear-off calendars, notepads, etc. The process allows a single blow to pierce the entire sheet. Holes are formed in free fields and docked using small bridges. When a break occurs, an aesthetic serration is formed at the edge of the sheet.
- Ritsovka. Allows you to make small cuts on the surface of thick paper, cardboard using a tool such as a disc-shaped knife. Along these cuts, the sheet can be easily folded without damaging the paint and the paper itself. The method is used not only in printing, but also for binding.
- Dashed. Punch holes are made in the form of small elongated rectangles, similar to hatching, a dotted line. Along these lines, in the future, an even and beautiful rupture of printing products occurs. This automatic punching is suitable for flyers, business cards, tear-off ads and other consumable promotional items.
- Segment-rotary. Relevant for screen printing templates. This work can only be done with high quality in a printing house.
- Corner. It is carried out by punching notches in the corners of the sheet. Such perforation is needed to quickly find the desired dates, pages in diaries, notebooks, notebooks, calendars.
When choosing a method for applying perforation, it is important to consider material thickness. Some of them are relevant only for thin sheets, while others can be used with thick cardboard, coated and other types of paper. Punching and creasing are two related techniques when working with thick paper: the former can be an excellent alternative to the latter, as it can provide a neat and even fold line without damage or creases.
Paper perforation in Kharkov is inexpensive!
If you need to punch a few neat holes in a piece of paper, contact the First Exemplary Press. Our tools and equipment allow you to create any type of perforation quickly, accurately and aesthetically.
Ukraine will immediately estimate the cost of paper perforation work! The pricing policy of the printing house provides the most favorable prices both in Kharkov and throughout the country. You can order perforation from any locality. We will be able to deliver the finished version as soon as possible.
Extensive experience, qualified specialists, technological equipment are the key to an excellent result in the “First Exemplary Printing House”!