One of the most economical options for joining sheets in multi-page publications is glued seamless bonding. The method consists in gluing the elements with the cover using a special glue. It is suitable for the production of paperback products – magazines, catalogs, books, photo albums and other printing. The First Exemplary Printing House has state-of-the-art equipment for this type of bonding, which makes it possible to create a complete, strong, durable product.
Why Choose Free Binding?
Among the advantages of this option for connecting multi-page products are the following:
- Paperback printed products are lighter in weight, more compact, and can be folded without damaging the cover and sheets.
- Adhesive bonding looks better and more attractive than many others, in particular metal staples.
- The flat spine is open to experimentation: it can be printed with the title of the publication or other important and useful information.
- The possibilities of the cover design are expanding, it can be with drop-down flap margins. In this way, you can place a nice image on the cover or get more space for useful information.
- You can include sheets from a wide variety of paper options in a block in absolutely any order.
You can order a seamless binding, which will be reliable, durable, flexible, and will provide full opening of the pages of the publication without unnecessary risks of sheets falling out. First Exemplary Printing House uses professional glue that delivers decent results at an affordable cost.
How is glued bondless bonding created?
To collect printed sheets into one product without using stapling materials, you need to collect them, put them in one pile and place them in a special device, where an adhesive base is applied to the spines. The final step is to place the collected sheets in the cover. All this is automated and requires minimal human intervention.
The process has three main execution options:
- Hot glue. The most popular of all methods. It is used for joining products with a thickness of 6 to 57 mm. When opening a book that uses hot glue binding, the pages do not remain horizontal without the use of force. And here you should be careful not to overdo it: if you press hard, there is a risk of damaging the binding.
- Cold glue. Differs in a higher cost, but in quality it is much superior to its hot “competitor”. Printed products take longer to produce as cold glue hardens slowly. But on the other hand, the finished product is highly durable and durable. You can open the book to any page and it will remain in the desired position. The properties of the cold glue improve the joint use of the scoring, wrapping of the cover.
- Thermal binding. Here, as in the case of hot glue, the high temperature method is applied. But the adhesive base itself is different, hot-melt bonding uses adhesive tape: sheets are laid in a device where there is already adhesive tape attached to the cover. It is applied to the root fold, then, due to the increase in temperature, all the elements are glued.
Special requirements for adhesive bonding
A seamless binding option is a profitable event in terms of finance, quality and durability. You will receive the finished product as quickly as possible, and you will not have to doubt its reliability.
When ordering printing with seamless binding of the binding, the following requirements for the future product must be met:
- The spine thickness should not be less than 2 mm and more than 50 mm.
- Block format – from 120 * 120 mm to 320 * 440 mm.
- Coated paper is used – for beautiful and prestigious advertising catalogs, magazines, or offset – for cheaper editions, books, publications.
- Features of the cover – coated paper with lamination, designer paper, cardboard with post-printing processing – embossing, curly cutting and other decorative elements.
The cost of the product will depend on the specified data, as well as on whether bonding with cold glue or hot glue is used. You can discuss this moment with our manager and clarify all the nuances.
Binding without sewing in Kharkov
First Exemplary Printing House provides the highest quality adhesive bonding service for multi-page products. Our equipment allows you to create a quality product at a minimal cost.
To order, call the indicated phones or come to our office. The advantages of cooperation with our printing house:
- More than 19 years of experience in the printing market.
- Affordable prices.
- Own production in Kharkov.
- Fast lead times.
- Guaranteed compliance with all quality standards.
We accept orders not only in Kharkov, but also in other regions of Ukraine. Delivery is carried out by leading transport companies.