Folding is a service of folding printed sheets to form an even fold – a fold. There are two main ways of folding, manual and automatic. In the first case, the folds are done manually by the workers of the printing house, in the second, all the work falls on the “shoulders” of the folding machine. This option is more effective for large circulations. A more efficient and reliable way is automatic folding, a printing house in Kharkov can provide high-quality and accurate execution of folds both for further stitching and as a final stage in the creation of printing.
This service is in great demand in the production of advertising printing. It transforms inconvenient and bulky leaflets into compact booklets, which are much more convenient for viewing, transporting, shipping, and storing. Unlike manual folding of printed sheets, automatic folding has high productivity and optimal cost, so it is used in most cases.
Features of using the folding machine
The equipment featured at First Exemplary Printing is capable of folding at very high speeds, up to two sheets per second. Thus, a fast process of processing a large amount of printing is carried out.
Like every stage of printing production, folding requires preparation and execution control. The following factors influence the result:
- Sheet thickness. Automatic folding is directly applicable for paper thickness up to 170g / cm2. Then the folds are smooth, beautiful, neat. The product does not open on its own, and at the same time it holds the reversal well. On sheets exceeding these parameters, the first step is scoring – pressing the fold grooves, which helps to avoid creases and paint shedding.
- Humidity. Paper with a moisture level not exceeding 10% is easy to bend and is protected from damage during the procedure.
- Fiber direction. There is a longitudinal and transverse. Longitudinal automatic folding in printing provides the most even and high-quality folding without damaging the sheets. With a transverse fold, various small deviations and creases are possible.
- Number of folds. The more folds are planned on the sheet, the more likely it is that damage will occur and the folding will look sloppy. However, First Exemplary Printing House does everything to ensure that you always get the most accurate product without any irregularities.
What are the types of folding
Before ordering automatic folding, Kharkiv can get acquainted with the possible varieties and choose the most optimal view for themselves. Depending on the placement of the folds in relation to each other, all folding options are divided into parallel, symmetrical, perpendicular, offset and mixed. The choice is due to the personal preferences of the client, as well as the necessary rules and regulations in relation to a certain type of printing.
There are several options for how automatic folding can be done in a print shop. The classification is based on the number of folds and the resulting shape.
- Book. One fold. The easiest option in execution and design. It is suitable for simple instructions, reference materials, booklets. If you want to create something more interesting in terms of design, you can use an asymmetric fold. Sometimes a whole multi-page booklet is stitched from sheets of books, which, even with a straight fold, in itself no longer seems so inconspicuous.
- Winding. Parallel double fold to one side. It is often used in mail correspondence or as a handout on display stands. On such a product, you can place as much information as possible without overloading it, since different spreads create the feeling of different products.
- Wicket. Or gate – folding in two folds one to the other. An interesting option for invitations, postcards, handouts at presentations, conferences and other events. It can be performed in two versions: automatic folding when printing with two sides touching or overlapping one on the other.
- Accordion. Versatile fold of the sheet, can contain two, three, four or more folds. In this form, guidebooks, city maps, information brochures are drawn up. This makes their use as convenient and practical as possible.
- Lightning. Complex double parallel folding of printed products can only be performed using folding equipment. It takes a long time to make such constructions manually, it is inconvenient and completely impractical. Zipper folds are used when you need to make a compact and easy transfer from a large sheet.
First Model Printers auto-fold service
Today, manual folding of sheets is practically not used anywhere. Automatic folding successfully replaced manual labor. The equipment allows increasing the speed of production several times and, accordingly, the timing of obtaining the finished result.
“The first exemplary printing house” in Kharkov provides a folding service on the most favorable terms. From us you can order folding as a separate stage, or as a part of the general process for the production of advertising printing. A complex solution is always much more profitable and reliable. When one performer is responsible for the entire process, the result looks more holistic and enjoyable.
We have the most affordable price for automatic folding in the city, while the quality of service is always at the highest level. To place an order, call us at the indicated numbers or come to the office. Managers of the printing house will help you to get all the information of interest about the service, terms, cost and process of work.