Requirements for layouts
1. CD-ROM and DVD-ROM drives;
2. Mobile drives with USB-interface;
3. The carriers should be compatible with the IBM PC platform;
4. Layouts can be received by e-mail or FTP, your login and password you need to know the manager;
5. The names of all files transferred in the prepress department, must be in English letters.
2. File Formats
1. PDF. This is the preferred option.
2. Adobe Illustrator CS and 6 below.
3. Adobe In Design CS 6 and below.
4. The images do not contain elements of small size (including text, logos, etc.), it is permissible to provide as TIFF-files. Note that the fonts in raster format have jagged outline, and the vector – a clear outline. Images containing small elements (logos, decorations, text and so on) must be in a vector format and black text size 10 or less should be in one color – 100% Black.
5. File formats should be compatible with of Windows.
3. Submission of materials
1. The layout should be on the carrier in a single copy in 1: 1 scale;
2. Removal of the image for the trim size must be the same and be: for sheet products – not less than 2 mm with 4 sides. Each species, as well as the “face” and “turnover” for sheet products (business cards, flyers, postcards, flyers, etc.) must be stored on different pages of the publication, or in different files (file names should clearly indicate the type and the direction of ). For multi-page articles – 3 – 5 mm, with 3 sides, in the spine – not pledge; for cutting – not less than 3 mm.
3. In preparing the pamphlets layout, brochures, magazines and others. Multipage documents, pages of the document in the electronic layout must be arranged in order and in the correct sequence (1, 2, W … n), but not turn or downhill. It is desirable that the number page layout in electronic coincided with the number of pages of its location in the layout software;
4. Significant Information (. Text calendar grid, logos, etc.) should be located no closer than 5 mm from the cutting line;
5. In the multi-page document, for products held together by glue Perfect binding method is not recommended to have the relevant information closer to you than 10 mm from the edge of the spine, and on the other 3 sides: from trimming the edges of publication – at least 5 mm, for all other types of mounting unit – not less than 3.5 mm;
6. For the production, held together by an adhesive Perfect binding method, you need to consider the impact on the image of the spine in the publication. If there is reversal in the publication with a cover unit, the need to adjust the image spreads in the spine, according to their zaklejki 7 mm – front and rear (2 – 3 minutes c p cover 1 and the last page unit..);
7. When assembling products, held together on the bracket, the internal block bandwidth decreases by bands offset by an amount that depends on the thickness of the booklet unit in expanded form. In the absence of “false” turns possible to compensate for the displacement at the manufacturing stage imposition. The need to compensate for the bias (the dissolution of the bands) is determined by experts of printing house. In the presence of “false” turns the displacement can not be corrected, and this must be taken into account in the preparation of customer files. Printing such a defect can not fix.
8. The product was collected on a spring, the indentation from the information or the image in the “spine” (in place of a spring fastening) must be at least 10 mm from the edge;
9. When using UV varnish, to avoid “creases” paper, on-site scoring (fold) did not apply, and make a selection from 2 mm. Biga on the left and right (or fold lines – for fine papers). UV varnish should be in a file separate layer and vector format.
10. The booklets with 2 folds (evrobuklet) sheet that is wrapped inside must be less than the average of 1-2 mm, and the first (upper) – more than the average of 1 mm.
11. All colors must be submitted SMYK models, except for the additional colors specified by Pantone scale;
12. Additional paint must be defined by Pantone Coated for coated paper and uncoated Pantone Uncoated for the paper. All colors, except for additional must be composite (separated), and not just (spot);
13. Unused Registration Color – change it to Black;
14. The sum of all colors should not exceed 300%;
15. All raster objects must be in CMYK model, Grayscale, or Bitmap;
16. All raster objects embedded in the publication or podlinkovyvat (associated with publication);
17. Podlinkovannye All objects must have distinct names and transmission layout should be collected in a single folder; This folder should contain the same layout file and must not contain any unnecessary files;
18. The layout should not be a lock in the elements;
19. Resolution of raster objects for quality prints should be in the 260-350 dpi range, except for black & white objects (up to 1200dpi, but not less than 600 dpi);
20. The layout should be overprints (except Black), overprints on other colors sets the printing press at the request of the customer;
21. The layout should not contain redundant objects (ie objects that are outside the layout or 100% overlap other objects);
22. Do not use OLE – objects and insert through the clip-board between 2 different programs; use the «Import» ( «Place»);
23. Do not use files in OPI-references and OPI-comments. Technology OPI (Open Prepress Interface) is fraught with problems with the search of images used, the path to which is lost, resulting in a bitmap file in an assembly (eg, EPS) has not been placed. The result – instead of the image or empty space, or on-screen representation of the file (72 dpi or less).
24. The thickness of the lines should be less than 0.1 mm (1 in printing ink). For lines consisting of several colors, or set as vyvorotki other elements, the thickness should be 0.2-0.3 mm;
25. The value for the point size of text specified vyvorotki more than one dye is to be not less than 7 pt. It is advisable to use a sans serif font and do not use “thin” fonts, and small gray font (less than 50% black) is difficult to read;
26. Selective varnish should be in vector form, located on the upper separate layer – precisely on the object, varnished;
27. The layout should be clear and lenses. All transparency and lenses should be rasterized;
28. In CorelDRAW all effects must be rasterized;
29. Raster images with transparent backgrounds and / or rotated at an angle other than 90º, 180º or 270º, should be otrastrirovanye with the background in a single TIFF;
30. In InDesign’e gather all into one book layout (Package);
31. The multi-editions must be in the file name indicates the order of the pages that have been clearly understood as going to the finished layout.
- Before completing work on your layout necessarily show all the texts equalizer to avoid grammatical errors and typos. And also carefully check the spelling of your coordinates and the correct sequence of pages.
- It is important to remember that the colors seen on the screen may not match the printed.
- In the event of the marriage of finished products due to non-compliance with the above technical requirements for layouts entire responsibility lie on the party who gave the incorrect layout.
- Depending on the type of work requirements can be complemented! In this regard, before the preparation of the original layout, the Customer’s representative shall seek the advice of the manager leading the order, or to the staff of the Division prepress.
At default the following requirements of the original layout is considered to be properly trained and needs some work. Finalization of the original layout is carried out by the Contractor, provided technical capability and the availability of free time or customer. All work on the revision and correction of the material provided extra paid.
- The files must be composite, and saved in version PDF 1.4. Do not use the transparency effects in color objects mixed ink (Pantone, etc.), such objects can be printed colors CMYK. It should not be embedded in the ICC-profile file. If in the layout are spot colors (Pantone – Pantone), then for exception errors with transparency and verification, files saved in version PDF 1.3.
- All used fonts must be embedded in the file. All images are embedded in the file without OPI functions. Inside the trim size of the page and departures of the bleed should not be objects of a PDF-file comments. The page size in the PDF-file should be sufficient to accommodate the publications page, along with the departures of the bleed (fields on the edge). Departures (on the edge of the field) must be equal on all four sides of the page, and not less than 3-5 mm. It must be specified trim page size using the option Trim Box or cut marks. The maximum valid PDF-files are obtained when processing PS-file program Acrobat Distiller. Allowed to receive a multi-page PDF file by exporting from InDesign.
Preferences Adobe Acrobat Distiller (or InDesign):
- Resolution parameter must be at least 2400 dpi
- Compression Option for color image and grayscale image must be installed ZIP 8 bit, and for the monochrome image: CCITT Group 4
- The Color parameter must be set Solor management off
- When preparing materials for work with additional types of decoration (selective UV varnishing, embossing, cutting), files with data elements to be provided separately.
- File Requirements CorelDraw
- Document page size should be based on crop fields (Bleed).
- All texts must be converted to curves.
- The curves must not contain more than 1500 units.
- All objects to be grouped.
- It is prohibited to import into Corel PSD and TIFF files with layers.
- Do not use objects pasted from other applications using OLE-links mechanism.
- Do not use the fill type Pattern Fill, Texture Fill, etc., as well as CorelDraw effects such as Extrude, Envelope, Lens, Transparency, etc.
- All effects should be otrastrirovanye.
- File Requirements Adobe Illustrator
- The color model of the document (document color mode) must be CMYK.
- All texts must be converted to curves.
- All images must be embedded (embed).
- How to publish an Adobe InDesign
- In the case of publication in layout programs, the withdrawal is carried out only after the signing of the customer with the finished print PDF files produced by our specialists from the provided publications.
- Together with the publication of the file we have provided all the fonts and linked images used in publishing.
- All raster images must be placed in a publication with the creation of connection (Link).
- The format of raster images placed in the publication – TIFF or EPS The, vector – EPS. In the case of publications in Adobe InDesign permitted use PSD, AI, and PDF.
- Never use OLE objects.
- Spot Attributes should have only those colors that should appear on the individual (not CMYK) separation (Pantone).
- The size of the page in the publication must match Bleed size products, with the task desired value departure of the bleed (Bleed),
- ready for installation requirements (not to be confused Installation requirements with the requirements for layouts of magazines)
- Completion of the installation should include:
- Printer Priladochnye crosses the perimeter, 2 x 20 mm, a thickness of 0.25 point lines. (All separations, including spot-color)
- Signatures of colors (including spot-color used)
- Signature sheet of the sheet
- Scale (considering hand gripping the sheet)
- Cut marks, fold marks, perforations